Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 12

YAY - A GARDENING REFERENCE in FRENCH - YAY

to shell pea pods
à débourser cosses de petits pois

+

mange tout
eats everything 


On ne l'écosse pas le mangetout. On le mange comme ça.
which means
We don't shell sugar peas. We eat them as is.
or does it? 
hmmm ...
 when I looked it up on google translate it translated as

"it is scotland not mangetout. one eats like that"

and
 when I typed in the English for French translation this is how it translated
"nous n'avons pas Shell pois mange-tout. Nous les mangeons comme."

SO something seems off and I'm really not sure what exactly I've said BUT it appears I might be contradicting myself - I began doing a little more investigation and came up with the following

to shell a pea
à débourser un petit pois

to shell a pea pod
à débourser une cosse de pois

to shell pea pods
à débourser cosses de petits pois

so I tried this
on ne le cosse pas le mange tout
and got 'we do not eat the whole pod'

zoOt alors!
 (which means zoOt then!)


maybe I should have just said, "on le cosse le mange", and left it at that

AKA 

we eat the pod 

and
btw 

 I also think the 2nd sentence might be, "On les mange comme ça"
(because there's more than one pod and more than one pea in the pod)

LOL 
learning French is soOoo easy (not) 

No comments:

Post a Comment